Britta takes extra care to look at your work from the point of view of a literary agent. As a full-time editor and judge of writing contests, she also has a great deal of insider knowledge regarding the next steps literary agents are taking: submitting your work to acquisition editors at publishing houses and pitching your work to subsidiary markets. She will look at your work from the dual lens of artistry and marketability. We offer three Agent Submissions Packages outlined briefly below. If you’re ready to book-in, you can click on the button below. However, if you’re seeking feedback outside the standard packages below, please fill out the questionnaire at the bottom of the page for a FREE quote on your agent submission materials.
Query Letter Review
- 2-3 rounds of copy-editing of your query letter
- Focus and revision of your pitch, how you market and describe your work
- Emphasis on the voice, tone, and granular (sentence structure, grammar, spelling, etc) additional aspects of the letter
- submit a 300 word synopsis + your letter, if desired
- service includes a summary video, a 30-minute follow-up meeting via phone or Zoom; or one round of questions via e-mail.
- All edits are made via tracked changes in MS Word. This service does not include manuscript pages or a full synopsis review.
Query Letter + Synopsis Review
- This service includes everything in the query letter review, plus:
- Synopsis edits ensure your submission meets traditional publishing industry standards and addresses the entire story structure in a satisfactory manner that includes how the story ends
Full Query Package Review
- This service includes everything in the query letter + synopsis edits, plus:
- Margin comments/light copy edits on up to 2,500 words of your manuscript’s opening pages
- Package feedback will address the cohesion between your synopsis, your query letter’s pitch and the opening pages, which is incredibly helpful when trying to stand out in a literary agent’s slush pile.