Start the New Year “Write”
In this free online panel, I will share ways to start off your new year vision (for life + writing) or tweak what you’ve already created to feel like you have a good gentle flow for your ideas and work. You’ll also hear from my team regarding craft tips from the manuscripts we’ve edited this last calendar year, live from our editing desks on January 31st at 7PM CST. You’ll have the chance to type questions into the chat to get your questions about craft, writing, and staying focused on your projects answered by my editing team!
Immersive Fiction Series Courses (Parts I-III)
This three part series of courses is intended for all levels of writers, but especially those seeking immersive exercises that will allow you to get close to your characters’ outer and inner life, explore deeply what makes them tick and bring your fiction in development to the next level. This is not your average, run-of-the mill series of classes. Over the course of three months, you’ll have the opportunity to explore how to get inside your character’s skin, explore their outer world, find methods that work best for your style of writing, explore your character’s relationships, what they want, and how all of this affects their journey through your book or short stories. You’ll walk away from these courses, whether you stay for just Part 1 or for the whole series, with up to several thousand new words, and a variety of techniques for continually going deep with your fiction.
Drop-in Writer’s Clinic
Get live, individualized feedback on your memoir or fiction writing from award-winning author and editor Britta Jensen. In your one-on-one 50 minute feedback session Britta, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- receive live, in -person feedback on your fiction, memoir, query or book proposal in real-time
- advice on what is working well and an action plan for next-steps in revision
- opportunity to revise a section in real time, with her coaching you through the process
- practice with your pitch and query letter to agents, if desired
- Stress-test your ideas in an inspirational and relaxed environment
(Learn at your own pace online in video, audio or text formats with downloadables)
Quality Self Publishing Workshop
Learn, in this 90 minute workshop, how to balance all the necessities of producing, correctly editing, and marketing a book with quality results from award-winning indie (self-published) author, Britta Jensen. Receive Britta’s template for creating your own deadlines, how to identify your goals & successes, and collaborate with others pre and post launch. This workshop will give you an overview of the self-publishing process from both a craft and industry perspective.
In this workshop we’ll answer these common questions as well as many more* from attendees.
- How can you nourish yourself as an artist?
- How can you have greater creative control over how your books get into the hands of readers?
- What would it be like to have complete control over the process of your book’s publication, cover, marketing, pricing and distribution?
- How can you ensure that your career as an author includes being able to release work that may not be suited for the traditional marketplace?
- How are authors compensated differently in indie (self publishing) versus traditional publishing?
- How do indie published books get into libraries, bookstores, and the hands of readers around the world?
- What distribution options do I have without a big publisher backing my work?
- How do I decide what publishing options work best for my artistic and career goals?
- How do I start the audiobook process as an indie author?
The Mincer Character Immersion
“The Mincer” is an immersive interior/exterior character discovery experience that will get you deep inside your character’s head and emotional reality, while staying rooted in their setting. This multi-layered exercise has been developed over the past twenty years of Britta’s experience working on character development in both Off-Broadway theatre and the publishing world in the UK and US. During the workshop we’ll focus on going deep and immersing yourself in your character’s inner and outer life, as well as unveiling exciting esoteric layers in between. Explore character development from a more subconscious level in this workshop and connect with your character’s deeper history, emotional reality and voice.
Point-of-view (POV) is one of the main reasons readers and agents stop reading: you want it to be consistent and engaging. Strengthen your understanding of how to use POV to your advantage and tighten your story’s narrative. Learn from established writers as well as award-winning author, Britta Jensen. This class is a self-guided course you can complete online at your own pace. You’ll have access to the class for an entire year after registration. You also have the option to get feedback on up to 1000 words of your manuscript through the lens of point-of-view (POV).
Journaling for Busy People
In this self-paced course I’ll focus on immersion exercises that will give individuals a methodical and purposeful jump-start on their journaling practice. (Britta Jensen’s newsletter subscribers receive a 20% off coupon code in the classes/event section of her newsletters).