Get ready to submit your book with confidence!
During your 20-minute call with award-winning author/editor Britta Jensen, we can discuss the next steps for your book, trouble-shoot any revision issues you’re having, and discuss publishing options. Click on the green button above if you’re ready to move forward. Let’s get comfortable with revision!
I believe in a holistic editing process that involves:
Addressing the intention and focus of your work in its current state,
Focusing first on what you are doing well as waypoints in the revision process,
Incisive feedback on structure, flow, integration of sources/source material (non-fiction); characterization, setting, POV, voice and character intentions (fiction) so that you’re aware of the structure your book, story or article is resting upon before we inspect the more granular aspects of your writing.
Identifying skills you need to acquire to become a stronger writer,
Setting goals and deadlines for the next phase of your work,
Reading recommendations to help with developing your craft as an author,
Clear feedback that allows for one-on-one discussions and questions to be answered,
Publishing advice for both indie and traditional publishing (including economical solutions),
Literary agent submissions and indie publishing preparation,
Addressing a variety of routes your writing can take so you are always at the helm making the decisions regarding where you’ll take your work next.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS CLIENTS
“It’s been a pleasure working with Britta. She brings a rare blend of analytical and creative perspectives to my work!” Kara Stockinger, author of Balter’s Den
“Britta was awesome and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an editor. She did a great job on not just the edit itself, but book-ending the work with extra effort. Before I hired her, she was already putting in extra steps to understand what I needed and where my manuscript was at. After the edit, she gave me a very detailed summary, letter, and follow-up meeting to go over it. I would not hesitate to work with her again.” –Kyle Cooper, author of Annals of Arlion
“Britta is an absolute pleasure to work with. I had taken my project as far as I could on my own, and I knew I needed a developmental edit to help shape and structure the story I want to tell. I knew I had found a match with Britta after interviewing A LOT of editors. Her communication is professional, her responses timely, and she has a great personality.
She has the perfect mix between honesty and encouragement and is an excellent communicator.” –Donovan Bergin, author of In Her Image
“Having been through Britta’s highly detailed and astute comments on my manuscript I have no doubt that I have the guidance I need to vastly improve my work in progress. Her cover letter and video has allowed me to conceptualize the book into topics, making my revisions manageable.” –Geoffrey Wells, author of The Trilogy for Freedom
“Britta left amazing and insightful comments throughout my manuscript. Being able to leverage her experience in our follow-up conversation was invaluable, thank you!” –Jonathan Munz, author of Imperial Colours
Past clients have gone on to win awards, get published and gain admission to their top university of choice. You’ll not only polish your work, but gain lifelong skills to help you become the writer you dream of becoming!
We’ll be a great fit, if you are:
- Ready to dive in and start working on your project.
- Keen to revise and develop your writing.
- Believe that reading is essential to developing your voice as a writer.
- You are willing to meet deadlines and set goals.
- You treat me as a partner in the work and submit your work within appropriate publishing/educational formatting guidelines.
- Understand that quality editing does require financial investment: the longer the extract submitted/less revision completed, the more time (and money) will be needed to provide feedback.
- Enthusiastic about improving your writing and flexible with your vision.
- Interested in the “long game” to getting published and willing to become a good literary citizen.
I am likely not a good fit if:
- You don’t believe that revision is essential to becoming a better writer and getting published.
- You have a very fixed idea of what your story is about and aren’t interested in outside feedback.
- You need quick fixes and gimmicks to become an instant bestseller.
- You’re looking for someone to only “clean-up” your rough draft, but aren’t interested in the bigger picture and structure that first need addressing.
- You believe writing is a way to get “easy money.”
- You don’t like reading the genre you’re writing in, because your idea is so original that there’s nothing out there like it.
- Writing is something you only do when you “feel inspired” and you aren’t open to showing up to the page on a frequent basis.
- You want me to work for free.
SERVICES I OFFER
Manuscript critiques and evaluations (including a budget-friendly Manuscript Quick Edit)
Literary Agent submissions: Query Letter, Synopsis, Sample Pages Editing & Advice
Traditional publishing consultations Choose from 30-60 minute appointments
Indie/Self Publishing Book Layout in preparation for title upload
*I’m an especially good fit for individuals writing big worlds/historical novels who need continuity checks as I have a great visual memory for where elements of the story world aren’t lining up
AREAS OF SPECIALTY
YA/MG and Coming of Age
Literary Fiction (Particularly multi-cultural/cross cultural narratives)